I have a 91 in my class! Yay! I am pleased for the most part, but a little disappointed because all my test grades are pretty high, but I did poorly on some of the earlier subnetting assignments, so that sort of pulled my grade down. But all my test grades are A's. I feel pretty pleased about that. I do the study guides for each chapter, and that helps because I get some of the knowledge in my head already, but then my teacher also lets us use our study guides. Sometimes she even lets us use our books. (Yeah, the tests are pretty hard). It's funny, I had no confidence in the earlier weeks of class, but halfway through the first quarter I am starting to feel I can do this, that I can succeed and accomplish something.
I quit LJS/A&W a couple weeks ago. The manager there had really severe mood swings and being around him was making me feel afraid. Plus they would clock us out for breaks but not let us take them. I personally had a problem with that. And, I don't think I should work in Sapulpa. I think for right now I need to either work in Jenks, where I go to school, or Bristow. I have thought about going back to McDonald's. If I could work only two days a week for six hours a day I think I could swing that. I really don't want to work while going to school because I'm not the best at managing my time and I presently have a good grade and don't want to change that. I hate feeling overloaded and like I can't do the things I want to do, but I feel I need to work to earn money and to contribute to society (I already do a big portion of the housework).
Presently I have 2 1/2 years sobriety from acting out. I am very proud of that, but I would like to take my sobriety a step further and abstain from all things in that area. I want to be godly and pure and never think certain thoughts again. Is that a realistic goal?
I went walking and jogging yesterday for 30 minutes. I felt so awesome afterwords. I want to try to do it everyday for a month and see how I feel. I think also this will help me with my sobriety. The feelings I get from exercising are the same from the other stuff.
I have a desire to do a quiet time, but I need to find a time of day that works for me. When I first wake up and right before bed aren't realistic options for me. I'm too sleepy. I also need to find something to study. Perhaps the 49 commands of christ?
The retreat last weekend was fun. I didn't do as well on the ropes course as I wanted, but I got to Zipline! Twice! And Steve was my zipline Partner! It was so much fun going through the air! and everyone that did the high ropes course did the zipline!
I am going to the ballet tonight so I won't be staying for all of CR. I bought like 3 different outfits to wear so I need to decide. My friend is wearing something formal so I feel I need to look nice.
Also, I need to learn to compartmentalize. Something happened at church wednesday night and it through me for a loop. I am better now though.
Thankful List:
91 in class
got a 95 on last test
have appointment with caseworker
spending time with friend wednesday nigth
No comments:
Post a Comment